System Support Supervisor (System Support Super)
Reference : System Support Super
Salary : Market Related
Job Location : - South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Midrand
Job Type : Permanent
Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018
Closing date : 31 Dec 2018 23:59
The System Support Supervisor’s role is to oversee the entire systems support staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of System Support functions. The System Support Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the systems level.
Strategy & Planning
- Establish and enforce System Support service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of System Support Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and resolve inter system related issues and enhancements
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of System Support technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Oversee the processing of incoming requests to the System Support via SR and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of systems and user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance and implementation of software upgrades, patches, back-up’s, releases and migrations.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Track and analyze trends in System Support requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of a knowledge base, help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of System Support staff training procedures and policies.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Associates degree with 2 years of experience, or 4 years of experience in related field