Oceana Group offers exciting career opportunities. To join the largest fishing company on the African continent with an expanding footprint within the Commercial Cold Storage space, you can explore career opportunities at Oceana below.
Fleet Manager (FLTMAN)
09 November 2017
24 Nov 2017 23:59
The Fleet Manager is overall responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the vessel operations and crewing of the EME fleet and to ensure that vessels operate efficiently and safely. This position is leading a highly effective team dealing with crewing, logistics, procurement and quality management.
The incumbent will report to the Managing Director.
- To proactively manage the fleet to catch and land allocated HM quota.
- To ensure compliance to statutory requirements, legislation and regulations pertaining to vessel operations and fishing.
- Champions the established Safety culture in the Fleet by enforcing policies and procedures and guidelines ensuring safe and environmentally sound operations.
- Actively participates in internal and external Audits and takes remedial action as per Audit findings.
- Ensure that the vessels are crewed, operated and maintained in accordance with all regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Champion the Namibianisation of vessels and identification of suitable candidates and training required.
- Ensure vessel availability.
- Create an inspiring team culture and climate.
- To liaise and foster good customer and supplier relations.
- To compile budgets and monthly forecasts of vessel operating cost and cash flow requirements.
- Develop and implement vessel management procedures and guidelines.
- Deck Officer Qualification
- Diploma in Ships Management
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Experience in vessel management preferably in midwater trawling operations.
- Exposure working with foreign officers (Russian)
- Experience in Flag State requirements, class society, legislation, Merchant Shipping Act, Maritime Occupational Safety regulations, Marine Pollution Act, etc
- Ability to implement performance management and leadership principles.
- Understanding of port facilities, operating procedures and costs.
- SAP, Windows, MS Outlook, and MS Excel/Word proficiency
- Adaptable and conscientious – and willingness to work irregular hours
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
Closing date for applications will be 24 November 2017.
If you are interested in the above position and meet the required criteria, click on the following link to apply: www.oceana.co.za or hand deliver to:
Erongo Marine Enterprises PTY Ltd
116 Theo Ben Gurirab Street