Oceana Group offers exciting career opportunities. To join the largest fishing company on the African continent with an expanding footprint within the Commercial Cold Storage space, you can explore career opportunities at Oceana below.
Learning & Development Specialist (OGL - L&D)
OGL - L&D
- South Africa -- City of Cape Town Metro -- Cape Town
13 November 2017
24 Nov 2017 23:59
This position has become available within the Group HR Department. This position will operate from Cape Town office and will report to the Group Learning and Development Manager.
Key job outputs
- Supports delivery against the L&D goals and strategy; updating learning solutions, building relevant functional/business capability on an on-going basis
- Manage a professional, effective Learning and Development implementation plan to support the business objectives
- Support the development of comprehensive, innovative and business orientated outcomes based learning interventions
- Conduct the Training Needs Analysis for relevant business areas and from this execute or develop initiatives that will ensure that the business training needs will be met
- Identify skills development initiatives that will contribute to achievement of the organisational goals/needs/pipeline requirements in line with the BBBEE strategy
- Coach and guide all relevant functional areas on learning and development processes and systems
- Implement Skills Development Projects for the group in line with the BBBEE strategy
- Ensure that once competency assessments have taken place, candidates and other relevant records are updated, and all administration tasks in support of competency assessments are completed
- Work with the relevant HR team to ensure that departmental training records are maintained i.e. Workplace Skills Plan & Annual Training Report, ensuring that these are readily accessible and adhere to all the business and legal requirements
- Provide assistance with the completion of monthly reports that fall within Learning and Development.
- Ensure the completion of SETA Workplace Skills Plans, Annual Training Reports for the group as well BBBEE Reports
- Manage contracts, all grant applications and/or SLA’s relating to all Skills Development matters and programmes, the training provider and the relevant SETA.
- Develop, deliver and implement training solutions, calling in additional or specialised resources where required
- Manage training resources and budget
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Project management experience
- Competency and Capability development process knowledge
- Exposure to an FMCG/Maritime environment
- Experience in liaising with SETA’s
- Assessor accreditation desirable
- Local travel will be required
Qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Tertiary/B Degree in Human Resources/Industrial psychology
- Minimum 5 years of learning and development experience
- Experience in relevant development programmes / initiatives
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference.
If you wish to apply for the above position kindly send a detailed CV and a covering letter after discussion with your Line Manager to: Oceana Careers
If you are not contacted within two weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful