Oceana Group offers exciting career opportunities. To join the largest fishing company on the African continent with an expanding footprint within the Commercial Cold Storage space, you can explore career opportunities at Oceana below.
ZAR/month + benefits
- South Africa -- City of Cape Town Metro -- Cape Town
14 November 2017
21 Nov 2017 23:59
This position has become available within Blue Continent Products. This position reports to the Procurement Manager.
The incumbent is responsible for the purchasing of all spares and stores for the divisions vessels. The Buyer Ensuring that these spares and stores are received on board on time and within specification and within the laid-down purchasing protocols.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Negotiating best deals (trade/settlement discount terms etc.) with reputable suppliers on a sustainable basis
- Arranging for procurement of stores and spares by obtaining quotations
- Following up on all outstanding orders and advising vessels accordingly
- Providing specifications /and or samples to suppliers/manufactures when required
- Supporting Oceana’s BEE Procurement Policy
- Providing input during budget compilation
- Following up and arranging delivery
- Negotiating prices, quantities, service qualities and terms etc. with supplier
- Advising the technical team of discrepancies regarding incomplete orders e.g. quantities specifications and prices
- Obtaining stamped and checked delivery notes from the vessels for matching with orders and invoices
- Ensuring that all invoices are correct in accordance with the order and/or contract and delivery notes
- Approving invoices in accordance with authority levels
- · Post-Matric Purchasing qualification
- · Good negotiation skills and experience
- · Ability to work fast and accurate
- · Valid driver’s license
- · Hands on approach, motivated and energetic
- · Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- · Willingness to work weekends (standby) and irregular hours – especially during sailing days
- · 2-3 years working experience in a Technical / Engineering Environment essential.
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
If you wish to apply for the above position kindly forward a detailed CV, after discussion with your Line Manager, to Zane Blaauw at Blue Continent Products on the following email address: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 21 November 2017