Oceana Group offers exciting career opportunities. To join the largest fishing company on the African continent with an expanding footprint within the Commercial Cold Storage space, you can explore career opportunities at Oceana below.
Fitter & Turner (AH3)
ZAR/month + Benefits
- South Africa -- City of Cape Town Metro -- Cape Town
14 November 2017
21 Nov 2017 23:59
This position has become available within Amawandle Hake. This position is based at Elbow Quay. This position reports to the Workshop Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Machine and manufacture various mechanical parts for marine machinery and equipment.
- Perform repairs to mechanical equipment and systems.
- Be competent in the use of conventional lathes and milling machines.
- Conduct periodic maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance of basic hydraulic and pneumatic machinery.
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance to all plant equipment and machinery within the facility confines.
- Inspection and problem solving of machines and equipment.
- Study and interpret machine manuals in order to ensure appropriate plant maintenance.
- Be competent in the reading and usage of measuring instruments to perform tasks.
- The ability to understand and interpret all engineering machine drawings in the execution of maintenance duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- ·Attention to detail
- · Able to work under pressure and independently
- · Time management
- · Assertive, organised and proactive
- · Team Player that is service-orientated
- · Delivers high output and is deadline driven
- · Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- · Must be prepared to work overtime.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Fitter and Turner Diploma
- Minimum N3 certificate
- Experience in shipping industry would be advantageous.
- 5 years’ experience post qualification
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
If you wish to apply for the above position kindly forward a detailed CV, after discussion with your Line Manager, to Zane Blaauw at Blue Continent Products on the following email address: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 21st November 2017