If you are looking for the support of a national company and the security of working with an industry leader with over 60 years of trading, this opportunity could be the one for you!
Working out of our Thetford manufacturing unit, we are looking to train a selected individual to become a CAD (Computer Aided Design) operator, whose job it would be to “digitise” and input furniture template pieces onto a CAD system.
Hours of Work: Full-time (39 hours per week)
Salary: £9.50 /Minimum wage
Trainee CAD Operator Duties:
- To begin with, you will learn the manufacturing process for handmade chair and sofa loose covers, alongside the benefits of technology and multi-site manufacturing.
- Working as part of a small team you will learn quickly, before progressing to become a key part of this exciting and successful area of the Plumbs business, which has seen growth year on year.
- You will liaise with several members of Plumbs staff throughout the course of each order to ensure the perfect creation of bespoke furniture covers that fit each furniture item like a glove.
- You will be provided with a constant workflow so it will be essential for you to keep on top of your work.
Trainee CAD Operator Requirements:
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of IT, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and Mathematical Skills.
- Good communicator and able to work within a team environment.
- Punctuality and reliability
Those who have any CAD experience or have worked in upholstery will be at an advantage. However, this role would equally be ideal for a college-leaver or someone who is interested in a change of career, as full training will be provided.
Trainee CAD Operator Benefits:
- We provide you with the training, enabling you to know the job inside out.
- We provide you with all the tools and equipment needed for the role.
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Early finish on Friday
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus for First Aiders
- Long service awards
- Free eye tests for VDU users
If you feel suitable for this Trainee CAD Operator role, please apply now!