We are currently looking for a Trainee CAD Operator to join our busy team!
If you are looking for the support of a national company and the security of working with an industry leader with over 60 years of trading, this opportunity could be the one for you.
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Trainee CAD Operator Duties:
We are looking to train a selected individual to become a CAD (Computer Aided Design) operator, whose job it would be to “digitise” and input furniture template pieces onto a CAD system.
- To begin with, you will learn the manufacturing process for handmade chair and sofa loose covers, alongside the benefits of technology and multi-site manufacturing.
- Working as part of a small team you will learn quickly, before progressing to become a key part of this exciting and successful area of the Plumbs business, which has seen growth year on year.
- You will liaise with several members of Plumbs staff throughout the course of each order to ensure the perfect creation of bespoke furniture covers that fit each furniture item like a glove.
- You will be provided with a constant workflow so it will be essential for you to keep on top of your work.
Trainee CAD Operator Requirements:
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of IT, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and Mathematical Skills.
- Good communicator and able to work within a team environment.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Those who have any CAD experience or have worked in upholstery will be at an advantage. However, this role would equally be ideal for a College leaver or someone who is interested in a change of career, as full training will be provided.
Trainee CAD Operator Benefits:
- We provide you with the training, enabling you to know the job inside out.
- We provide you with all the tools and equipment needed for the role.
- We provide 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
If you think that you are suitable for this Trainee CAD Operator role, please apply now!