Java Developer (Java Dev LUX)
Java Dev LUX
ZAR45,000 - ZAR55,000/month
- South Africa -- City of Cape Town Metro -- Cape Town
26 May 2020
06 Feb 2020 23:59
Our Client, a global technology solutions provider, is currently seeking a talented and passionate Java developer , this is a great opportunity for someone seeking to grow within their field.
To develop functionality for a JEE (J2EE) based product. The backend is a service oriented Spring based application. It provides a service layer for different user channels ranging from web clients, rich clients and batch users integrating via JMS and web services. The work contains a portion of support and refactoring of the existing code as well as new development to extend it for new functionality and add extra integration points.
- Support existing and develop new functionality and components
- Define and formalize architectures for new or changed SW components or sub-systems within the context of the Luxembourg overall technology strategy and reference architectures.
- Collaborate with Luxembourg development team to evaluate emerging technologies to maintain a clear technology strategy for the Luxembourg implementation.
- Understand existing product and domain elements and work with business analysts to refine and implement new requirements
- Refactor and improve the code to keep the product maintainable and adaptable to new requirements.
- Work effectively in a team environment and follow/develop product software development processes and standards
- Evaluate and improve application performance, and high availability features
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended.
- Create technical documentation that explains how the various components of the system work and how to use them.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs to find and fix the cause of a problem in an integrated system.
- Build and deploy the system on an application server
- Create and execute qualification tests.
- Incorporate the work done by other developers and do whatever is necessary to get the system to work again with the changes, including debugging other people’s code, making changes to test data, etc.
- Communicate with clients regarding product defects.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 1 years relevant experience as a back-end developer as part of a team in a software development environment
- Ability to work in a team environment: Follow mentorship/provide team leader mentorship, collaborate on a common (UML) design model
- A good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to software development methodology
- Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably Git); Use of a UML tool for documentation
- A strong knowledge of Java essential
- Experience of the following technologies:
- JEE (J2EE) server side technologies
- Java 6 and 8
- Spring framework (preferably Spring 4)
- JPA /Hibernate
- Experience with an application server (Oracle Weblogic - preferable)
- Integration experience (Web services, JMS - nice to have)
- JAXB and XML Schema
- Maven, Ant, Grunt
- SQL and experience with a relational database (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5
- Swing & AWT
- Min 1 years’ experience in SoapUI and Oracle and some experience with ES 2015/6 is required.
- Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g. paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases
- Knowledge and experience of the following would be a plus:
- Business process/workflow layers e.g. JBPM, BPEL
- Rules engines (eg drools)
- Continuous integration (Hudson, Bamboo or Jenkins)
- Technologist that has a passion for learning and understanding the broader technical and implementation approached in the software development domain.
- Ability to switch between big picture thinking and discussing/defining details at a deeper technical level.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, team player
- Strong attention to detail
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
For further details please download the job description below: