Perimeter Security Engineer L2 - Checkpoint (PDG896354)
ZAR550,000 - ZAR750,000/annum + Benefits
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Johannesburg -- Bryanston
25 March 2020
18 Apr 2020 23:59
If you are looking to join a Global Team, then this is the career move for you! Our client, a top employer to thousands of talented people, is looking for a Perimeter Security Engineer L2 to join their team. This company offers extensive growth opportunities as well as the opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team.
Purpose of the role:
- The role is responsible for providing a professional 2nd-line onsite technical support and field engineering service to clients by proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems. Through pre-emptive service incident and resolution activities, this role will restore service to clients by managing incidents and seeing them through to an effective resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure all requests, process events and resolution incidents result in zero missed SLA conditions. The role is responsible for managing incidents of high complexity, conducts advanced and complicated tasks, and provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems. This position uses considerable judgement and independent analysis within defined policies and practices.
- Provide IT security guidance and leadership for the business.
- Proactively identify security risk and take action to implement improvements or mitigation plans.
- Develop, maintain and enforce security policies, procedures and standard for the organisation.
- Coordinate information security inspections, tests and reviews.
- Provide security related advice to projects or initiatives working with project managers, architects, and other project team members to define metrics and performance goals for security solutions.
- Work with other supplier’s specialists and architects to ensure the security components integrate with the work of other work streams (Network, Operations. Solutions Delivery and Software Testing), fulfil the requirements, and meet quality and performance goals.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular design reviews.
- Oversee and administer security systems and applications.
- Work with Security Architects to ensure that the developed and deployed capabilities align with the business architecture and meet organization’s goals.
- Lead developing security component build plans (security technology, operations, and management) to support the construction of the security architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements and adhere to the implementation leading practice guidelines.
- Lead the integration of the security components (security technology, operations, and management) as defined in the detailed design / requirements.
- Review and integrate the security architecture requirements for production and sub-production environments.
- Assist in defining and reviewing the requirements for, component, assembly, integration and functional and performance testing.
- Participate in extending the conceptual design of the overall security solution by integrating the components into a detailed design.
- Inform the security architect and project manager of any issues that may affect security or other areas of the project.
- Manage the delivery and performance of IT security staff.
- Optimise section resource use, allocates work and manages the accountability of resources, providing input into cost management.
- Supports the development and career growth of staff, including input into the priority development needs of staff.
- Identifies security gaps, inefficiencies, quality issues in the work of the section and takes specific actions to implement improvements.
- Facilitates collaboration with other departments /sections and functions impacting on work
- Develops short-term (annual, quarterly adjusted) work plans in line with department/ function business plans
- Aligns the section staff with plans and performance expectations
- A relevant university degree or national diploma or more than 3-6 years IT Security experience.
- Appropriate security certifications, CheckPoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE) (CCSM)
- FortiGate Network Security Professional Level 6 (NSE6)
- Analyser / Manager
- Minimum 3-5 years of broad-based security systems implementation experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in systems development/integration/ implementation.
For further details please download the job description below: