SCCM Engineer - L2 Server Support - Shift work required (PDG8965750)
ZAR400,000 - ZAR550,000/annum + Benefits
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Johannesburg
21 March 2020
21 Apr 2020 23:59
If you are looking to join a Global Team then this is the career move for you! Our client, a top employer to thousands of talented people, is looking for a SCCM Engineer L2 to join their team in Bryanston. This company offers extensive growth opportunities as well as the opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team.
The SCCM Engineer (L2) is an intermediate to high level position in the EUC/DC/FS engineer job family and is proactive in identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions. The SCCM Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for medium complexity incidents and maintains the Datacentre or End-user Computing environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Monitor infrastructure
- Identify problems and errors
- Ensure resolution of incidents and requests
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
- Incident management
- Shift management
- Behavioural skills
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
- Provide End-user Computing support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support for End-user Computing operations and related infrastructure.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Perform level 2 server and network troubleshooting, server rack mounting and cable patching / management.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Dimension Data procedures.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- Own the ITSM Incident Value chain, connect with and engage colleagues to ensure accelerated updates into ITSM, call closure and feedback to clients
- Update all client documentation when required (Sops, Work Instructions, Build Guides and Designs)
- Update ITSM knowledge base with lessons learnt and insights into recurring incidents and system related errors
- Assist in benchmarking industry standards
- Manage Microsoft Security Updates (Patch Management) using SCCM.
- Perform Software deployments and Enterprise wide software roll-outs using SCCM.
- Maintain/Improve SCCM Client Agent coverage for the client’s environment.
- Provide SCCM Reports as per client requirements.
- Create Custom Reports using T-SQL/SQL Reporting Services.
- Manage SCCM security.
- Manage/Maintain SCCM/SQL Database
- Assist with OSD (Operating system Deployment)
Education, Training and Experience
- NQF Level 5
- MCSA 2016
- MCP SCCM 2016 (Current Branch)
- Microsoft Intune and Azure
- MCSA Windows 10
- System Centre Orchestrator
- PowerShell v3 and up
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Kepner Tregoe Advanced
- Intermediate to high level scripting capabilities
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate solution and service knowledge
- Possess sound knowledge of communications infrastructure and systems
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate proactive management
- Extensive knowledge and experience including configuration and implementation
- Strong general knowledge of networking, IT systems, security, servers and firewalls
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and to think innovatively
- Display good verbal and written communication ability
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Possess good planning and time management ability
- Demonstrate the ability to cope under pressure
- Passionate about enterprise-level IT solutions with a limitless willingness to learn
For further details please download the job description below: