Our Client an International Logistics and Clearing and Forwarding organization is seeking a Business Development Manager (Sales and Business Development) to join their team in Cape town
To develop new business revenue and growth of house accounts, through prospecting, qualifying and closing the deal.
Development of New Business – 50%
- Focus on development of New Business Revenue growth through prospecting, qualifying and closing the deal.
- Prepare tenders, reports, presentations, Approve rates for types of customers.
- Generate and follow up on qualified leads in line with company specific requirements
- Analyse clients’ needs and propose specific solutions and close the deal
Service Excellence – 20%
- Ensure continuous follow-up by the Sales Team on pending clients
- Manage and retain client relationships on all levels and provide a professional service including of after- sales service, client enquiries and regular follow ups.
Sales Targets and Administration – 20%
- Exceed sales objective of assigned targets by promoting and selling all our clients services
- through professional sales targets.
- Ensure consistent achievement of all relevant product/monthly targets.
- Manage all relevant internal administrative processes
- Attend all meetings.
Product Knowledge – 10%
- Learn new products knowledge and acquire improved selling skills and communicate to the Sales Team
- Keep abreast of competition services and Markets
Communication – 10%
- Ensure effective and ongoing communication between the Sales Teams and supporting departments within the Company at all levels
- Respond and assist on all Sales department queries as communicated by the Sales Team.
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues
- Feedback reports
- Total number of new Business deals.
- Monthly measurement of customer profitability
- Feedback from clients and managers.
- Daily and weekly reports sent to Managers
- No complaints from clients and managers.
Knowledge & Experience
- Grade 12
- Bcom logistics would be preferable
- Minimum of 5 years Sales experience, preferably from the Logistics Industry
- Proven track record of success
- Excellent client orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to generate sales leads and close deals
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- The ability to operate within senior management/board level
- Building customer loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs and building productive customer relationships
- Customer Focus: Developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience
- Follow up: Monitoring the results of assignments
- Initiating action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Managing work(including time management): Effective managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently