Logistics Branch Manager - Namibia (PDG8965832)
14 February 2020
14 Mar 2020 23:59
Our Client an International Logistics organization is seeking a Branch Manager to join their team in Namibia. Please note only Namibian candidates selected for this role.
To develop new business revenue and growth of house accounts, through prospecting, qualifying and closing the deal.
Staff Leadership – 15%
- Optimize individual employee performance through effective leadership, coaching, development and training, motivating and supporting staff.
- Manage the change process with your Business units.
- Monitor and optimize utilization and performance of all resources.
- Create ideas to streamline processes and ensure increased efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Create solutions to resolve staff / resource issues.
- Ensure that the team’s Job Descriptions and Performance KPI’s are in place and managed.
- Create a strong team spirit amongst the team.
- Encourage and develop multi skilled staff.
- Remunerate staff according to market norm, job description and performance.
- Performance manage staff were need be
Operational Management – 25%
- Ensure the effective running and co-ordination of the operational functions within the Branch.
- Continuously review the operational and process guidelines (ISO 9001: 2000).
- Co-ordinate the ISO audit process in your respective Branch.
- Ensure operational effectiveness, efficiency and quality control.
- Develop and maintain best practices to timeously inform customers of their cargo status.
- Ensure full adherence to the prescribed policies and procedures within the business units.
- Identify potential risk areas and implement mitigation strategies.
- Make sound commercial business decisions, within given mandates.
- Ensure an effective and efficient insurance claims process is in place within the Branch.
- Manage asset utilisation within the Branch to industry standards.
- Using the business systems, set up reports and tools in which you can see performance, bottle necks and inefficiencies, put action plans in place to resolve these.
- Gain a full understanding of the operational systems.
- Ensure that the Customs entry team are appraised. New Customs initiatives, tariff changes are implemented and add value to the client.
- Initiate Customs consultancy opportunities where possible.
Financial Management – 15%
- Manage the profit and loss of the Branch.
- Investigate and implement ways in which to reduce costs and increase margins.
- Prepare the Branch and business units budgets.
- Present budgets to management.
- Approve expenses as per limits of authority.
- Manage the margins of clients and implement ways in which to optimise the margins within the branch.
- Ensure bottom line growth of the Branch year on year, through cost management and revenue recognition.
- Minimise the company risk through client exposure and Customs exposure.
- Manage the Customs deferment cut off.
- Ensure timeous resolution of outstanding debtor queries, foreign debtor’s queries, creditor reconciliation queries and foreign account queries.
Customer Satisfaction – 15%
- Maximise customer satisfaction through co-operation with allied disciplines (entries, invoicing, etc.) and third parties (Customs, Transporters, etc.).
- Review performance measurements for customers according to our clients Logistics KPI’s and together with Clients Service and operations implement process improvement initiatives.
- Manage and optimise the first time right principle ensuring client satisfaction.
- Visit clients and communicate telephonically with clients.
- Continuously investigate additional value added products and process specific for customer needs.
- Ensure client communication is effective and efficient.
- Manage declining revenue from clients and create solutions in which to regain business where need be.
- Continually review client commercial terms ensuring relative return for work performed.
New Business Sales – 15%
- Manage the sales staff.
- Ensure sales staff have targets and the sales process is understood and implemented.
- Approve tenders and proposals according to the tender and proposal process.
- Liaise with sales staff regarding new client’s requirements and the client take-on process.
- Ensure client calls are made and manage the effectiveness of these calls.
- Attend sales calls with sales staff.
- Gain new business directly.
Third Party Relationships – 10%
- Maintain relationships with overseas Agents, SARS Customs, Service Providers (internal and external) and Sub Contractors.
- Maintain relationships with other Clearing and Forwarding Agents to ensure efficient hand over of documents, etc. and be appraised of market initiatives.
- Negotiate and implement agreements with rates with approved service providers.
- Manage service provider performance and allocate volumes according to their performance.
Business Management – 5%
- Take accountability of your Branch and Business Units Balance Scorecard (KPI’s) and the initiatives resulting from the consolidation of these scorecards.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (Degree or National Diploma). Additional qualifications in the field of supply chain management, freight forwarding or operations management would be preferable
- 10 years’ experience within the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry – Customs Clearing knowledge preferable
- Experience in Leading managers and multi skilled teams
- Experience in Leading change management initiatives is preferable
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer Literate with good Excel, Outlook and Word skills
- Leadership skills with the enthusiasm to develop the team members
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Commitment in developing of staff
- Ability to problem solve
- Client centric focus
- The ability to handle conflict resolution
- The ability to work with little supervision, to use initiative (self-starter skills) and sound judgement is essential
- A logical, analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
- High energy levels and the passion to succeed
- Level headed, flexible and the ability to adapt to a changing environment/ situations
- The ability to achieve results by working with people
- Managing conflict: Dealing effectively with others to reduce tension or conflict
- Planning & organising: Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Contributing to team success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards completing a goal
- Customer focus: Develop and sustain productive internal & external customer relationships
- Tenacity: Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained
- Communication: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage activities
- Managing work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently(includes time management)
- Stress tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition
- Work standards: Assuming responsibility and accountability for successful completing assignments or tasks
- Quality Training
For further details please download the job description below: