Cisco IPT Engineer L2 (PDG8965865)
ZAR30,000 - ZAR35,000/month
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Johannesburg
26 May 2020
07 Jun 2020 23:59
If you are looking to join a Global Team then this is the career move for you! Our client, a top employer to thousands of talented people, is looking for a Cisco IPT Data Centre Engineer to join their team in Gauteng or Durban
Minimum Requirement / Experience
- Grade 12
- Relevant IT Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma or Complete Microsoft Certifications (MCSE/MCITP)
- Storage Certification (Advantage)
- Solid experience with Cisco IP Telephony, Voice , Storage etc.
- CCNA with Cisco IPT experience or with CCNP certification with Cisco IPT experience would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical role (design, implementation and maintenance of servers and storage).
- Expect knowledge of hardware platforms, converged infrastructure, networking, SAN, NAS and subsystems.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise and mid-range storage, file system, cloud and Virtualisation technologies.
- Experience in installation, upgrade, patching of server hardware and platform software.
- Experience in backup, recovery design, DR implementation, monitoring implementation, troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimization.
- Hands-on management of enterprise class server and storage infrastructure.
- Configures, upgrades, installs and manages server and storage diagnostic, configuration and management tools.
- Capacity Management and Planning and ensuring scalability of the server and storage environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, configuration and operational problems.
- Maintaining servers and storage area network through practical and simple maintenance plan.
- Manage and report on new implementations, lifecycle management, patch management, optimisation and service improvement initiatives.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution of technical issues.
- Participate in the design and engineering of secure server and storage environment and delivery of IT projects.
- Follow and enforce established change management processes in alignment with ITIL.
- Ensure systems administration and documentation are kept up to date to ensure compliance with operational standards.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery infrastructure planning, building and testing.
For further details please download the job description below: