Senior IT Support Engineer (PDG8965866)
ZAR20,000 - ZAR25,000/month
- South Africa -- Ekurhuleni Metro -- Edenvale
17 March 2020
11 Apr 2020 23:59
Our Client is leading global organization is seeking a Senior IT Support Engineer to join their team in Edenvale.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of the VOIP/ Hosted telephone system
- Assist with set up and maintenance of the IT environment and software
- Assists in supporting corporate applications, user desktops, etc.
- Helps install and improve computer software and network equipment
- Performs basic and more complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
- Installs and upgrades computer software and network equipment
- Research and assist in implementing department innovation initiatives
- Sets up computers for new users and ensures delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of internal programs
- Interacts with internal clients to resolve escalated help desk issues; communicates with internal clients in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality
- Provides responses to internal clients in a timely manner
- Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies
- Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies
- Promotes responsible usage and care of corporate equipment
- Provide Support to End-Users
- Maintain and Support Microsoft Windows Applications and Systems
- Supply Desktop Support to all employees
- Ensure Helpdesk Calls are allocated correctly and are attended to within the logged priority timeframe
- Create, Amend and Remove User Accounts (i.e. Active Directory, Internet, E-Mail, Voice/PABX etc.) as necessary and requested.
- Ensure Anti-Virus Signatures and deployments to workstations are up to date.
- Monitor and Maintain E-Mail Filters (MimeCast and MailMarshal)
- Ensure Work related E-mails are not blocked.
- Printing Environment Management
- Manage service of printing equipment
- Manage printer consumables
- Investigate solutions for division / departmental needs
- Ensure Data Integrity and Availability
- Manage and Ensure Backups are completed on a Daily Basis by means of daily logs and Ensure that Backup Tapes are handled/managed appropriately (i.e. Sent of Site, stored in a secure location)
- Manage and Ensure Disaster Recovery Backups are completed on a Daily Basis by means of respective logs.
- Restore from Backup Tapes/Media when required (i.e. to restore deleted files, to recover corrupted systems)
- Ensure Maximum I.T. Systems Availability
- Install, Configure and Maintain Servers, as and when required.
- Maintain and Monitor Server Activity. Check that sufficient resources are available on Servers to ensure maximum systems availability to users.
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Internal Network (LAN, WLAN) to ensure maximum network uptime
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Wide Area Network (WAN) to ensure maximum uptime for branches and Internet related traffic.
- Monitor and Report, where necessary, on Internet and E-Mail usage via respective tools
- Resolve any Issues with employee’s workstations as efficiently as possible to Enhance systems availabilityEnsure Anti-Virus Signatures and deployments to Servers are up to date.
- Maintenance of I.T. Hardware and Software
- Install, Maintain and Support Computer Hardware and Software for employees
- Procurement of Standard Hardware and Software from Preferred Suppliers
- Maintain the I.T. Asset Register Movements and ensure respective documents are supplied to Finance for the Company’s Asset Register (i.e. IH Register Form)
- Ensure the Standard Images for Workstations is regularly updated
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree in relevant field or assessed equivalent competence
- MCSE qualification
- VOIP knowledge
- CCNA will be advantageous
- Server 2008 & 2012 experience
- Server configuration
- Microsoft VM’s / Hyper V knowledge (Microsoft 2008/R2 and 2012/R2)
- Desktop Support - hardware and software
- POE Switch Configuration – HP Configuring VLANS Data and Voice
- Active Directory – DHCP / DNS
- MPLS network knowledge to provide support
- Managing WSUS
- DFS (Distributed File System)
- Implementation of network and server upgrades on Windows platform.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
For further details please download the job description below: