Our client a Global Tech firm is seeking a Desktop Technician L2 to join their team in Sandton on a contract basis. Our client offers great benefits, stability, growth and an attractive salary.
Our client requires a Desktop Technician at L2 Level to assist with client services and support.
Client services and support:
- Setup and support user desktop/laptop equipment including VDI Support;
- Networking: patching & tracing of points along with Server and Switch support;
- Mobile devices support (Mobile Iron);
- Multimedia support: Board checks assisting with meetings zoom included;
- Ownership of Incident and Problem management lifecycles
Infrastructure & Technology:
- Assist global engineering teams to maintain local infrastructure;
- Active part of the software deployment lifecycles (testing, communication, deployment);
- Identify chronic issues and remediate / escalate accordingly
- Executive and trading desk Support: 3 Different Business units with many different Applications for each BU
- Management of local projects and initiatives: OS migrations, user moves, hardware decommission, asset management, Infrastructure moves etc.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Procurement and administrative tasks around hardware orders and invoices;
- Create/maintain local IT knowledge documentation.
- After hours, Support on weekends and public holidays Eg: Power down events