Senior Java Developer (PDG8965994)
ZAR500 - ZAR600/hour
- South Africa -- Cape Winelands District -- Stellenbosch
28 October 2020
13 Sep 2020 23:59
Our client, a top employer to thousands of talented people, is looking a Senior Java Developer to join their team in Stellenbosch on a 12 month contract. The company offers extensive growth opportunities as well as the opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team.
To research, analyze and evaluate requirements for existing or new software applications and designs, develops, tests and maintains software solutions.
Constructs and implements software platforms at Application and enterprise sub-system level and understands system functionality at enterprise sub-system level. Object-orientated as well as functional programming mindset and will generally be proficient in two or more programming languages and adheres and works with the tech lead to develop and evolve standards within the team. Understands and interprets complex technical system specifications. Participates in JAD sessions. Designs, codes, and tests and debugs programs according to program specifications. Produces technical and user documentation. May have responsibility for supervision and mentoring of trainee and more junior Programmers. Has responsibility for quality code walk-through. Understands working as part of a project team.
- Responsible for the delivery of solution, by way of code that addresses the stated requirement and adheres to structural and performance standards.
- Responsible for the support of deployed applications, as they manifest in the Production environment.
- Responsible for effective task management within the auspices of defined objectives and according to management reporting line.
- Responsible for effective communication within the auspices of defined objectives and according to management reporting line.
- Responsible for the adherence to, and maintenance of, SDLC policy and process.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where personal development is indicated or desired.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where rationalization or enhancement will provide benefit to the local unit.
- Modular responsibility to the technical development of junior programming resources
Required key skills (functional / technical)
- Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Systematic Approach
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analysis and Judgment
- Quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments.
- Professional Expertise
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
- Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty.
- Constructive Teamwork
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities.
- You have experience working in Java (most recently Java 8).
- Understanding of JMX Metrics for deep dive fault finding
- Oracle, PostgreSql and other relational databases (experience in non-relational databases will be advantages)
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.
- Proficient in source control tools
- Proficient in task management tools such as Jira
- Experience with containerisation (Docker)
- Experience with Linux (SSH, monitoring logs, etc)
- Experience in ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana advantageous
- Experience in cloud technologies advantageous
- Experience in monitoring services.(Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus advantageous, Loggly, Azure Monitoring services)
- Experience in system debugging
- Degree or Diploma in Software Development or Computer Science
- 5+ Years Software Development/Programming Experience
- Significant experience could replace the need for formal education.
- Mentoring software developers
- Experience in SDLC
- Experience in Jira and Confluence or other ticketing system
- Experience in Database Design
- Experience in the Financial Sector would be advantageous
For further details please download the job description below: