Warehouse Stock Controller - Tilbury, Essex - VR/18558
Our client, an international freight and logistics company are looking for a Stock Controller to join their team.
As a Stock Controller you will ensure that all stock held within the depot is organised and logged correctly and that all stock records are accurate and stock loses and errors are minimised.
- Maintaining accurate stock and managing client stock demand
- Liaising with the Stock Control Supervisor and Warehouse Supervisors on a regular basis with all stock issues
- Booking in all stock within 24hrs of initially entering the business
- Ensuring all delivery notes must be returned to Goods In office within 24hrs
- Responsible for the investigation into invoice queries regarding booking in errors and stock errors
- Focusing on stock area organisation and stock identification
- Developing and improving storage areas to ensure stock counts are accurate and quick
- Building a good working relationship with the purchasing team to ensure great communication of stock levels, especially with potential stock out issues
- Ensuring all invoices/delivery notes are ready for end of month accounts
- Keeping the system updated to include stock transfers and counting batches. Special focus at the end of the month in time for accounts preparation of monthly figures
- Preparing relevant paperwork for the warehouse stock
Skills and Experience:
- Previous stock control experience is essential
- Strong analytical and data understanding in order to update systems and monthly reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
- Be conscientious and have attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Salary: depending on previous experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18558
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.