Warehouse Supervisor - Bedfordshire - £19-23K - VR/18838
Our client, a large furniture distributor, is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join their busy team. The candidate will be assisting the warehouse manager in managing all functions of the daily warehouse operations. You will monitor warehouse inventory as well as supervise the warehouse staff to ensure that products are stored and shipped out in an accurate, efficient manner.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Unloading delivery vehicles promptly and safely to ensure a constant smooth flow of traffic
- Manually unloading and cross checking pallets of delivered stock
- Identifying and highlighting damaged stock and incorrect deliveries
- Adding delivery details into computer database accurately
- Loading Company vehicles with stock to be delivered to customer properties
- Transferring furniture from our warehouse to customer vehicles
- Maintaining a clean and tidy warehouse
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed to comply with legislative requirements and company policies and procedure
- Providing support in other areas of the business when needed
- Work closely with all other departments
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous supervisor experience in a warehouse position
- Previous experience in maintaining a warehouse, ideally handling furniture and fragile goods
- Knowledge of inventory
- Physical stamina, and the ability to lift heavy boxes
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- A forklift licence is advantageous
This position boasts full time hours working Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm. The company will be introducing shifts within the next couple of months which will add a shift of 12pm - 8pm. 1 hour for lunch.
Salary offered will be £19-23K dependant on previous experience.
If you wish to apply, or for more information, please email your CV to the Removals team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference VR/18838.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Removals, Relocations, Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Finance industries. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
Red Recruit offers services to the Office and Commercial Moving sector, Domestic Movers as well as Corporate and International Removal companies. We recruit Removals Sales Estimators, Removals Branch Managers, Removals Operations Managers, Move Coordinators, Office and Commercial Move Managers, Global Moves Specialists as well as many more. The types of vacancies within the removal industry that we specialise in include the following: moving company, moving and storage, commercial moving, international moving, office removal, commercial removal, international removal, removal company, moving services, office movers, business removal, fine art removals, fine art moving, export packing, fine art shipping and move management.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.