Storage and Local Operations Manager - Middlesex - VR/19114
Our client a specialist Fine Art & Antiques shipping company based in Middlesex are seeking to appoint an experienced Storage and Local Operations Manager to join their team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for the Storage and Local Operations Manager:
- Active involvement in marketing the companys storage facilities, assisting the Business Development Managers with creative ideas and implementation
- Co-ordinating all aspects of shipping fine art and antiques from one destination to another
- Quoting and coordinating both domestic and international shipments
- Preparing and processing all documentation and the booking of the chosen method of transportation
- Efficiently handling paperwork including bills of lading, labelling, timesheets and detailed condition reports with photos, customs clearance and advising the customer of any required payments due
- Invoicing: ensuring invoices are produced on time, month to month or in advance as the job file requires
- Preparing operational reports detailing all work done and comprehensive record keeping, including on our freight management system
- Produce a cost analysis and reports of jobs and European truck runs
- Implementing improvements to the existing systems
- Performing inventory checks on a regular basis to ensure records are accurate
- Manage a number of project files simultaneously including the timely booking of internal and external services e.g. transport, case making, freight etc.
- Assisting project managers with complicated consolidations of goods for hold in storage prior to installation/project delivery
The ideal Storage and Local Operations Manager will possess the following:
- Knowledge of all legal documentation associated with shipping fine art and furniture around the globe is essential
- Thorough understanding of handling, packing and transporting high end furniture, art and antiques
If you wish to apply, or for more information, please email your CV to the Removals team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference VR/19114
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Removals, Relocations, Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Finance industries. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
Red Recruit offers services to the Office and Commercial Moving sector, Domestic Movers as well as Corporate and International Removal companies. We recruit Removals Sales Estimators, Removals Branch Managers, Removals Operations Managers, Move Coordinators, Office and Commercial Move Managers, Global Moves Specialists as well as many more. The types of vacancies within the removal industry that we specialise in include the following: moving company, moving and storage, commercial moving, international moving, office removal, commercial removal, international removal, Removal Company, moving services, office movers, business removal, fine art removals, fine art moving, export packing, fine art shipping and move management.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.