Ocean Freight Operations Manager, North Kent - Circa £40k - VR/18449
Our client a successful freight forwarder is looking to expand and take on an experienced Ocean Freight Operations Manager in North Kent. Candidates will have a previous background within the freight forwarding industry and have experience of managing a small team of operators.
The Ocean Freight Manager will be responsible for the movement of international Ocean Freight Imports and Exports within the branch.
- Manage staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop personnel
- Control and improve service quality
- Co-ordinate and liaise between sales and operational departments.
- Working with the Operation Director, negotiate shipping rates with shipping lines and distribute to all branches
- Prepare performance reports and analysis
- Work closely with the sales and customers service teams to develop potential business and devise strategic approaches to the market
- Visit important clients from time to time to assist in sales and ensure the customer is receiving adequate customer service
- Liaise with all other branches
Candidates will have a previous background within the freight forwarding industry and have experience of managing a small team of operators.
Salary circa £40k, depending on previous experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18449
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.