Deep Sea Import Clerk - North Kent - VR/18454
A freight forwarding company based in North Kent area are looking for a Deep Sea Import Clerk to join their busy team.
The Deep Sea Import Clerk duties will include:
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
The Deep Sea Import Clerk will need to have:
- Good knowledge of worldwide sea freight and importing
- A minimum of two years experience
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as a team
The successful Deep Sea Import Clerk will be offered a competitive salary reflective of experience and skills.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18454
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011.
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.