Warehouse Administration / Supervisor - VR/19737
The Company & Role
Our client, a global logistic, freight forwarding & supply chain specialist company is looking for a Warehouse Administration Assistant to join their team.
Duties of the Warehouse Administrator / Supervisor:
Supporting the Warehouse Manager, the main function is to structure the administration functions and improve communication throughout the warehouse.
- H&S records & training - Record, file and schedule training
- Site testing - Lights, emergency exits, call points, fire drills etc - Scheduling and record keeping
- Inspections - Racking, ladders, forklifts - Scheduling and record keeping
- Equipment Servicing - Boiler, all machinery (inc. Forklifts, wrapping machine, banding machine, order picker, pump trucks), shutters, scales, x-ray machine, van - Record keeping and scheduling
- Security - Audits, training records, car park - Record keeping and scheduling audits and training
- Training - General - Record keeping and scheduling
- Consumables Ordering - Pallets, stationary, gas, sundries, uniform, equipment, skips. - Contacting suppliers to order consumables, to include PO system and recording received and checking invoices are correct.
- Maintenance - Bulbs, heating, hot water, alarms, van, yard/site. - Scheduling based on suppliers list and organising periodic maintenance as required by the warehouse manager, again confirming costs and invoices
- Timesheets - Collate staff O/T for Manager sign off
- Re-works - record additional warehouse works that are required to be invoiced separately by accounts following the warehouse managers sign off
- Billing - Van, Storage, Road freight. - Record jobs on a daily basis for the manager to sign off and agree rates so accounts can invoice
- Transport - planning, billing.- General support for the manager to help him plan and bill
- Health and Safety - Site audits/assessments, training, signage, walkways, line painting, hazards, Safe operating procedures, PPE. - Assist where required to help record and manage the H&S
- ULD (airline equipment) control - Stock control
- Fixed wire testing and PAT testing - Records and schedule where required
- Shifts and staffing - Support where required to maintain good comm's and visuals
- Holidays/Sickness/Appraisals/Reviews - record and file
Experience/ Skills required
- Previous experience of working within an Airfreight warehouse operation
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel and Word
- Good communication, verbal and written
You will receive a salary up to 22,000. Shift - Monday to Friday.
If youre interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team.