Dean, UK (SAE98)
£55,000 - £60,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Oxfordshire -- Oxford
15 November 2019
Dean, SAE UK
£55-60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
SAE London or Oxford
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
SAE Institute is seeking an exceptional candidate with an eye for Learning & Teaching excellence to play a strategic and influential role across the Institute and its four UK campuses. The Dean is responsible for key institutional strategies including Education and Student Experience and will drive improvements in our lead indicators including access and participation, student satisfaction, teaching excellence and graduate outcomes as measured by the National Student Survey (NSS), the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and Graduate Outcomes survey.
You will be a strategic thinker and will responsible for building our infrastructure and culture to effectively meet our institutional priorities including developing culture of student as partners, increased transparency, and effective collaboration.
- Effective leadership of the UK Directorate of Academic and Student Services (DASS) and functional leadership of the Academic Coordinators and Programme Committee Chairs
- Oversee the development and implementation of Academic Governance including assessment boards and academic boards/committees, the effective design and implementation of the Quality Assurance Framework, i.e. Partner University regulations, Annual Monitoring, External Examining, self-evaluation/periodic review, peer review, etc.
- Lead the UK faculty, ensuring teaching staff are supported by an ongoing CPD programme, and adhere to the appropriate level of professionalism and governance
- Implement, review and revise the Learning and Teaching plans, including the Access and Participation Plan, and enhance our positioning in the Teaching Excellence Framework
- Lead the Industry Advisory Council initiatives and report on findings and trends
- Ensure a high a quality student experience for all groups across all stages of the student journey and develop metrics e.g. student satisfaction, retention, attendance, progression, graduate outcomes, destinations, etc. to inform strategy and student engagement initiatives
- Masters qualification, or higher, in either creative media, education, or cognate discipline;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change to achieve strategic objectives and lead academic teams, fostering a collegial working environment across disparate locations;
- Strong academic credentials, such as Senior Fellowship HEA; OR engagement with external networks, boards or committees; OR publications, OR other suitable evidence;
- Record of accomplishment in diverse educational environments and ability work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Understanding of scholarship and innovation in creative media, experience in curriculum design, knowledge /experience of quality assurance systems and processes in HE and vocational education;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver the areas of responsibility within the job description.
We welcome applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds including ‘blended professionals’. You may be an inspirational academic with leadership experience, or a professional services leader of a student or academic services function.
What we offer
SAE offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within SAE and Navitas and is an equal opportunity employer. Further information including a full job description can be found on our website.
Closing date: 29th November 2019
For further details please download the job description below: