Job Location - United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Suffolk -- Haverhill
Job Type Permanent
Posted 06 February 2019
We are currently looking to find a Cafe Supervisor for a client of ours based in Haverhill. The role is based on a 37 hour week on a permanent basis. Some of the daily duties include but are not limited to:
1. Greeting all customers with a polite and attenntive manner, maintaining execellent customer care at all times and acknowledge those who are waiting to be served.
2. Management of the cafe and outside areas.
3. Ensure that all staff serve drinks to set standards by liaising with the Cafe Manager.
4. Provide innovation for promotional activity, cost saving initiatives and product stocking.
5. Manage the continual operation of the EPOS system, helping solve any immediate customer problems when necessary.
6.Carry out end of day procedures to include finance reporting, ordering and cashing up. Training on all of the above will be provided.
7. Liaise with café team to ensure daily offer and any other promotions are advertised with correct signage.
8. Promote and up-sell items to all customers and give personal recommendations when asked.
9. Ensure product dates are checked on a daily basis to ensure all items are labelled and within their use by dates. Adjust ordering levels dependant on wastage.
10. Manage weekly FOH stock take to be completed using company systems and procedures. Stock taking and other duties must not interfere with customer service. The customer always comes first.
11. Supervise and carry out where necessary any general cleaning duties in accordance with the cleaning schedule and any other duties designated by the Café Manager. Ensure cleaning schedules are completed and signed off by management.
12. Adhere to and enforce company policy on uniform, personal hygiene and appearance, absence reporting and time recording
13. Ensure correct health & safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire regulations and COSHH procedures are adhered to at all times. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
14. To be responsive to any other reasonable duty or task specified by Café Manager.
15. To make the effort to be available to work overtime when the business is in such need.
16. Report to Senior Management immediately any incidents of accident, near misses, fire, theft/loss, damage, unfit food or equipment, customer complaint or other irregularities.
17. Provide cover when necessary for lunch breaks and work with management to regulate staff break times and enforce time limits, using discretion for any breaks above the contractual minimum.
18. Assist the other café team members when necessary to complete all tasks in the preparation and execution of the catering service.
19. Deputise for the Café Manager in their absence.