Senior Systems Engineer
Including benefits, is R501200 to R589646 per annum. (depending on skills and experience)
My Client: Leading higher education facility in South Africa
Are you experienced in providing intermediate technical support for business-critical services and/or infrastructure and have project management experience in a progressive ICT environment, with a strong customer focus and a demonstrable track record of innovative thinking, project-based delivery and productive interactions across multiple teams? My client’s Enterprise Infrastructure and Services division seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to develop infrastructure and services through project work, to design, maintain and manage complete systems, support ICT systems, services and infrastructure and provide technical leadership in complex and heterogeneous systems and infrastructure environment. This is a role which plays a critical part in ensuring that they derive value from its investment in IT infrastructure and reports to a Senior Manager.
- Providing highly technical support for business-critical services, systems and/or infrastructure.
- Designing, maintaining, managing and developing one or more business-critical ICT systems and/or infrastructure service components.
- Responsible for developing and implementing infrastructure, systems and services through project work
- Provides technical leadership for one or more system and/or infrastructure service components
- The Senior Technical Specialist reports to a Senior Manager.
Minimum requirements include:
- A relevant qualification at NQF level 6
- 5 years’ relevant experience in enterprise ICT applications and infrastructure of which 3 years must be relevant current technical hands-on experience
Required non-technical skills include:
- Ability to prioritize and manage work under pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A strong customer service ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Analysis and problem-solving ability
Required Technical Skills and Competencies
The following technical skills and competencies are required for the positions as listed.
Desktop Infrastructure – Workplace Services
- Intermediate experience in administering and maintaining of Windows Desktop OS (WIN 10) including exposure to Linux and Apple OS
- Intermediate experience in administering and maintaining software and operating system distribution solutions, i.e. Zenworks, SCCM, Widows AutoPilot, Microsoft Intunes, etc.
- Proficient in the administration of physical and virtual infrastructure hosts in complex heterogeneous environments
- Proficient in operating system related scripting languages, e.g. Powershell, WinBatch scripting, etc
- Working knowledge in implementing and administering desktop and application virtualization e.g. Citrix, Microsoft HyperV, VMware ESX 5.x/6.x
- Working Knowledge to administer and configure cloud-based services e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Intunes, Windows AutoPilot, etc.
- Working Knowledge in an application and operating system updating and remote configuration mechanisms e.g. Zenworks Patch Management, WSUS, SCCM, etc
- Solid knowledge of network infrastructure services e.g. DNS, DHCP and various networking protocols
- Remote administration and troubleshooting skills.
Relevant technology certifications and/or a qualification at NQF 7 and/or relevant experience in Higher Education is advantageous.