Audit Manager (AMLA)
$110,000 - $140,000/annum
- United States -- California -- Los Angeles
04 August 2020
Title: Audit Manager
Department: Assurance & Advisory
Reports to: Assurance & Advisory Partner(s)
FLSA Status: Full time, Exempt
A Top 100 accounting and consulting firm in the west region. With all their years of service, they developed a reputation for excellence and expertise in the accounting and management consulting industry. The firm takes pride in client service, professional and personal advancement and growth through targeted development and leadership programs, together with a continual focus on client service and technological evolvement.
The Manager is the liaison between the Partner, the client, and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing and accounting projects and client engagements simultaneously and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff and make associations to develop new business for the Firm. Managers play a lead role in maintaining client relationships.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s business.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Plans, schedules, and staff’s engagements using Firm policies and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members, reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval by Partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps Partner informed of all the important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Adheres to accurate and timely billing and collection processes are made.
- Ensures that financial statements, reviews, and letters of recommendation are prepared following professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to the client.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations.
- Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in the collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm’s philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of a possible audit or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business to a CPA Firm.
- Proficiency in use of computers, computer accounting software, and tax software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of senior, semi-seniors and staff accountants.
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Assurance & Advisory staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs.
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of accounting professionals.
- Generally, requires five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in complexity, scope, and the number of engagements managed.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid CPA’s license is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.