Our client is a well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK. As a national business, they pride themselves on their first class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year.
Their Bristol depot are seeking a Technical Support as an addition to the Technical team within the Smart Metering Department. This is a long term temporary role with an immediate start available and the opportunity to apply for internal permanent roles within the company.
This role may is typically a 37.5 hour week, flexible working hours, 8am - 4pm, 8.30am - 4.30am or 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm. Due to Covid, the successful candidate will initially be set up to work from home with plans to return to the workplace when it is safe.
Hourly rate will be £15.04 per hour.
Benefits include an excellent hourly rate with up to two salary increments a year, holiday entitlement rising to 26 days +bank holidays after 12 weeks and free parking.
As a Technical Team Support you will be responsible to the Compliance Manager in the provision of metering support activities associated with the Smart Metering business.
Specific duties will be:
- Update database records of meter technicial details and process exceptions in the day to day provision of data flow services to external parties.
- Raising meter work orders and the deprogramming of meter work orders and resolve problems.
- Provide support to Field Operatives using work order deprogramming tools.
- Carry out remote testing, ensuring systems have been properly commissioned and registered correctly.
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of metering faults and related metering technical enquiries.
- Communicate effectively with customers, external parties, equipment suppliers and field staff in the resolution of problems.
In order to be successful for the role of Technical Team Support, you will:-
- have excellent customer care skills and be proactive in pursuing job completion
- be able to communicate confidently and effectively
- represent the company positively at all times
- have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- excellent attention to detail
- problem solving skills
- ability to familiarise with technical data and terminology
- have previous experience working within a similar technical role, ie engineering, utilities, energy, helpdesk, fault finding and resolution, remote testing.
- have experience of processing data and information
Experience in the energy industry in particular smart metering would be highly desirable.
Process metering data and exceptions in the day-to-day provision data services to external parties
Assist in the raising meter work orders
§ Assist in the deprogramming of meter work orders
§ Provide support to Field Operatives using work order deprogramming tools
Assist in the remote testing and proving of HH and NHH smart meters
Assist in the resolution of metering faults and related enquiries –