Competitive Salary & Benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Nottinghamshire -- Nottingham
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
30 Apr 2021 23:59
About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Utilities Co-ordinator to be based in either our Birmingham, London or Nottingham office.
The role provides an opportunity to grow and develop in a fast-paced, professional environment.
The full-time role is to undertake duties necessary for project execution within the Infrastructure Management team, working collaboratively with other Infrastructure Management team members across offices and other Services within the company.
Role and Responsibilities
The job role will include the following;
- Obtaining and reviewing utility record plans to assist in identifying development risks/constraints with regards to existing utility infrastructure and proposals required to serve a development.
- Supporting senior staff and the wider team in the procurement of quotes for utility providers for new utility connections, diversionary works and disconnections.
- Preparing coordinated utility drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Simultaneously managing numerous projects and chasing utilities for responses to ensure project milestones are met.
- Assisting in the production of detailed and accurate technical reports.
- Fulfilling administrative responsibilities, including filing, billing and data input.
- Building relationships with utility asset owners and contacts both internally and externally.
- Actively make a positive contribution towards bids and proposals.
- Actively looks to achieve continuous improvement across the utilities service line.
About the team
The role is based within the Infrastructure Management Team, part of the Transport and Infrastructure service and involves working on behalf of clients and stakeholders to support in the delivery and management of the utility aspect of projects, ranging from residential, commercial and industrial development, through to highways and infrastructure schemes.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and proactive individual, with an ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Flexible, positive personality and customer focused.
- Experience of working in a utility procurement and management role, or a background in fulfilling such a role within industry, or have experience in a similar background (preferable however not a requirement).
- An understanding of the processes for procuring utility information.
- Knowledge of the construction and/or engineering industry.
- Experience in technical aspects of utility works including an ability to understand the impact of utility constraints on a scheme (desirable).
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Computer literate and experienced in all Microsoft Applications.
- Experience in using AutoCAD design software packages (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence (desirable but not essential).
- Skills in report writing, stakeholder engagement, and an ability to communicate across all levels, both written and verbally is essential.
- Awareness and compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations for both onsite and office based work.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity