- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Nottinghamshire -- Nottingham
Thursday, March 25, 2021
30 Apr 2021 23:59
About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal/Accociate Civil Engineer to join us as a Team Leader based in our Nottingham office, for our T&I Design (Development) service.
This role will be to assist the current Team Leader following the recent expansion of the team.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Transport and Infrastructure Design (Development) team in the Nottingham office
- Management, financial performance and technical production on T&I Design projects or the T&I components of multi-disciplinary projects
- Client and team management in the provision of proposals, project planning, management of resources, reporting and financial performance
- A collaborative approach to working with the Nottingham Building Structures Team will be required
- The role will develop as the Company develops
About the team
BWB’s Transport and Infrastructure Group combines this requisite expertise with innovative thinking. We also do it in a manner that enables us to focus on the delivery of high quality, value engineered infrastructure capable of serving our nation’s current and future needs.
Our talented and experienced design teams fuse local knowledge with national design standards and legislation in a manner that enables BWB to undertake a wide variety of projects ranging from regional Building Structures led projects to infrastructure led projects.
The team provides a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of regeneration and development projects. We work across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, health and retail sectors and our clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated civil engineering design experience at a senior level
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- A ‘self-starter’ with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed
- Commercially aware with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop their own Client base
- A visible, and participative manager, willing and able to take responsibility and be held to account for the technical and financial performance of the team
- An ability to build and develop a strong team through the mentoring and support provided to the team members. Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication styles
- Technically strong within the field of Civil Infrastructure Design, in particular drainage and external works
- Reliable and trustworthy; acts with consistency and integrity at all times
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity