Competitive Salary & Benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire -- Leeds
Thursday, March 25, 2021
30 Apr 2021 23:59
About the role
BWB Consulting has exciting opportunities for Track Design Engineers based in our Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester or London office.
The Track Design Engineer will have experience of design permanent way in Network Rail or other heavy or light rail environments and be willing to expand their knowledge on challenging and complex rail projects and actively embracing innovation.
The roles may on occasion require international travel also supporting projects in collaboration with our parent company CAF. Although the role will be technical leadership and project based, ability to price and win work, manage budgets and create a viable business unit are also required.
About the team
The Rail team provides a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of renewal, enhancement and turnkey projects.
We work across all types of railway systems and our clients range from local developers through to international contractors working for public sector bodies.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
An experienced track designer who has good knowledge of alignment design; particularly the use of software tools such as:
- Bentley Rail Track, PowerRail, OpenRail etc.
- General knowledge of CAD software such as Microstation or AutoCAD.
- ClearRoute 2 for gauging assessments
- General MS Office
- Expertise in the design of switches and crossing is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of track interfaces with other systems such signalling, traction power, civils etc. and the ability to communicate and integrate with the relevant designers to find holistic railway system solutions.
- Experience in track design of light rail systems nationally or internationally would be advantageous.
- Applicants should have attained ideally three or more years practical design experience and should have qualified at HNC/D or equivalent academic level as a minimum.
- The successful candidate will ideally be professional accredited (e.g. ICE, IMechE, PWI) or working towards IEng/EngTech.
- Whilst academic qualifications appropriate to the roles are important, attributes such as problem solving, communication, personal organisation and team working will help candidates stand out. Above all we seek demonstrable enthusiasm, ambition and a willingness to learn.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity