- United Kingdom -- England -- West Midlands -- West Midlands -- Birmingham
Wednesday, June 02, 2021
30 Jun 2021 23:59
Interim / Contract role - Civil Engineer, Transport & Infrastructure, Birmingham or London
BWB Consulting is experiencing exciting and unprecedented growth across all areas of our business and we are actively looking to recruit experienced Civil Engineers to support our Transport & Infrastructure Group based out of either our Birmingham or London office. You will be working in our Civil Engineering Design Development team alongside some of the best, industry recognised leaders in this field.
You will be working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, so we are looking for individuals who have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage, and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
We work on multidisciplinary projects across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, education, health and retail sectors. Our clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies. Our working environment provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record and capability in civil engineering design
- The ability to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems.
- The experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion.
- Project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
- Experience of the requirements of working with different types of clients in a complex industry.
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered) and MicroDrainage.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Experience liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A ‘self-starter’ with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
If you are looking for interim or contract work and have the skills and experience in Civil Engineering Design Development then please apply via the Link. We look forward to hearing you.