About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner to join our Transport and Infrastructure Planning team, based in our Leeds Office.
Our pipeline has grown from strength to strength with our new account and service line structure and as such we are looking for key individuals to join our growing team; its exciting times at BWB!
Our future pipeline is very strong and varied from large strategic projects to due diligence and planning allocation input with our key clients, new, and returning clients.
We need a talented individual who can help us to continue delivering high quality technical planning service deliverables and build on the excellent reputation we have.
As a Senior Transport Planner you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans, Masterplans and other technical reports to support planning applications.
- Working with other members of the Transport Planning Team, other BWB services, private and public sector clients, architects and planners throughout the project life cycle; and
- Understanding and ability to apply appropriate technical standards (such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets and Local Authority Design Guides).
- Supporting the preparation of fee proposals for new projects and working with the Team Leaders and Account Managers to ensure projects are delivered to budget and that KPIs are met;
- Supporting meetings, including negotiations with Local Authorities and other regulatory bodies.
About the team
Within the Transport and Infrastructure Group, our Planning Team offers a wide range of services to complement the activities of the Group and the company as a whole, as well as providing bespoke services to our Clients.
We take pride in successfully working with Clients on a range of private and public sector projects, big and small. This ranges from national significant projects, large logistic and employment developments, city centre regeneration. new settlements, office developments, schools and college redevelopments, residential and many other land uses as well as delivering sustainable and safe infrastructure
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in transport planning for development, including analysis and assessment. We would expect strong written and oral communication skills which we would continue to develop. We are looking for someone who is looking to further develop their career and is enthusiastic about working on a range of projects.
You should have a strong understanding and working experience of the following;
- Ability to assist senior colleagues with dealing with clients, local authorities and other regulatory bodies;
- Knowledge of client briefs, fee proposals and the effective delivery of project work;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate well;
- Good technical writing skills are required, and you should be able to demonstrate a sound working competence in the use of MS Office products (including Excel and Word);
- Preparation of Transport Statement/Assessments, Travel Plans, ES Chapters, Access Studies, preparing AADT/AAWT flows for air/noise assessments with some wider experience in technical design and master planning;
- Experience of industry standard junction capacity assessment applications such as Junctions 9 and LINSIG, preferably including experience of larger network modelling;
- Experience of preparing and checking figures and drawings using packages such as AutoCAD and GIS.
- Ability to work effectively in an unsupervised environment, leading a piece of work or working within a project team; and
- An ability to demonstrate management techniques including project and resource management as well as the mentoring of junior staff.
- A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics or similar.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (CIHT, CILT, IHE, TPS, ICE).
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity