Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Buildings and Built Environment Group has extensive experience and real expertise in delivering cost effective, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable building projects across a diverse sector range.
- From designing new buildings through to adapting, refurbishing and maintaining existing building stock, our principle of applying intelligent design, flexibility and innovation remains constant. Advanced computer modelling techniques enable us to resolve complex issues quickly and efficiently.
- The team has projects in the leisure, education, residential, commercial, health and retail sectors. This work has clients ranging from local and national developers and contractors to major private sector companies. This expanding team will encourage career progression for the right person. While our experience in depth and breadth, fosters a culture of professionalism with flair.
- You will be responsible for the production of Structural Engineering calculations and designs on a range of projects across a multitude of sectors working closely with other members of the BWB group.
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- You will have a minimum of 8 years postgraduate/qualification experience in a UK based design consultancy.
- You will be strong technically and able to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external design teams.
- You should be comfortable working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously.
- You will be able to undertake the design of structures within a fast-paced, professional environment.
- A well-rounded individual looking to achieve chartered status with the assistance of BWB.
- You should be able to demonstrate your ability to manage and balance complex workloads in order to deliver projects technically and commercially.
- You should possess a broad range of engineering skills and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of current codes of practice both British Standards and Eurocodes working in all the main construction materials.
- You will demonstrate strong communication and personal effectiveness skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and particularly with external design team members and clients.
- You should be comfortable undertaking hand calculations and spreadsheets as standard but also be able to demonstrate the ability to use the latest 3D modelling design software packages in both concrete and steelwork, BWB use Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS, RAM Structural System and AutoDesk Robot etc and knowledge of at least one of these packages is essential to be able to fulfil the role.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential as is the ability to produce clear, practical and economic design sketches that can be passed to structural technicians.
- Experience with REVIT modelling software suite and working in a BIM environment is also desirable.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more.
- Life Assurance 4 x salary.
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health.
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Paid Sick Leave.
Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture.
- Hybrid working.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits.
- Cycle to Work.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.