Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice. To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you’ll be doing
- Obtaining and reviewing utility record plans identifying development risks/constraints with regards to existing utility infrastructure and proposals required to serve a development.
- Supporting senior staff and the wider team in the procurement strategies for new utility connections, diversionary works and disconnections.
- Preparing coordinated utility drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Attending meetings with utility companies and clients, at times on active building sites.
- Reviewing utility proposals against client requirements, to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Understanding utility costs where appropriate.
- Interpreting client proposals and considering the impact on existing utility assets.
- Simultaneously managing numerous projects and chasing utilities for responses to ensure project milestones are met.
- Producing detailed and accurate technical reports.
- Fulfilling administrative responsibilities, including filing, billing and data input.
- Building relationships with utility asset owners and contacts both internally and externally.
- Actively make a positive contribution towards bids and proposals.
- Actively looks to achieve continuous improvement across the utilities service line.
What you’ll bring
- Ability to deliver value to clients through effective and proactive utility management.
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and proactive individual, with an ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Flexible, positive personality and customer focused.
- Experience of working in a utility procurement and management role, or a background in fulfilling such a role within industry (preferable) or have experience in a similar background.
- An understanding of the processes for procuring utility information and the utility infrastructure marketplace.
- Knowledge of the construction and/or engineering industry.
- Experience in technical aspects of utility works including an ability to understand the impact of utility constraints on a scheme (desirable).
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Computer literate and experienced in all Microsoft Applications.
- Competent with AutoCAD design software packages.
- Full clean driving licence (desirable but not essential).
- Skills in report writing, stakeholder engagement, and an ability to communicate across all levels, both written and verbally is essential.
- Awareness and compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations for both onsite and office-based work.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more.
- Life Assurance 4 x salary.
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health.
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Paid Sick Leave.
Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture.
- Hybrid working.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Regular social events.
- Long service reward scheme.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.