Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice. To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the BWB Consulting business, the Project Management Group where you will be working with clients in the Private Sector (commercial office, residential, logistics/distribution etc.) and Public Sector (highways, rail, universities, leisure etc.)
As Project Manager you will be working alongside our Senior Project Managers and Project Directors to help deliver all stages of the Project Lifecycle from Concept through to Benefits Realisation, working alongside our Technical Experts to ensure our Projects meet Stakeholder needs.
Responsibilities will include leading project delivery for key clients, monitoring, and reporting progress against project baseline data (Scope/Time/Cost/Quality) and creating and monitoring project change and risk profiles per the contract and Client requirements.
- Deliver the projects safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the project life cycle, company standards and other specific legislation.
- Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
- Manage project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details.
- Schedule and conduct project meetings, including taking project records and distributing them to project stakeholders. Including site attendance during critical stages of works.
- Manager the development of contract assessments and notifications (e.g., he preparation of Early Warnings (EW), Compensation Events (CE) and Project Manager’s Communications (PMI)).
- Assist the Company in discharging its duties under CDM Regulations 2015 (Construction, Design and Management Regulations).
- Line manager responsibilities and provide mentorship to others for their continued career development in Project Management.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience from within the Private or Public Sector to join our team as a Project Manager in one of our key offices in Nottingham, London, Birmingham, or Manchester Office.
- Experience gained from working on large-scale projects within the Infrastructure or Development sectors alongside working with stakeholders including Local Authorities, Highways England, Network Rail, HS2, National Grid, Environment Agency, Developers and Tier 1 Contractors. Including secondment roles.
- Professional experiences gained from within a consultancy environment.
- Experience of working with the APM project life-cycle in the Private or Public sector.
- Experience of the management of contracts including the use of NEC3 / NEC4 (ECC and PSC) or JCT family of contracts and including sub-contractor/consultant management.
- Qualified to NEC Accredited Project Manager in either NEC3 or NEC4 is desirable.
- Educated to degree standard in the related subject and hold a professional membership of a relevant professional institute or working towards professional qualification (APM-PMQ or above).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, cohesively as part of an experienced team and collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and manage multidisciplinary project teams.
- Fully conversant with MS 365 suite, highly proficient in the use of MS Excel and MS Project.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary.
- Car allowance
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more.
- Life Assurance 4 x salary.
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health.
- Healthcare cash plan.
Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture.
- Hybrid working.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Regular social events.
- Long service reward scheme.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.