Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the BWB Consulting business, the Project Management Group where you will be working with clients in the Development, Highways, Rail, Utilities and Environmental sectors.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager with experience from within the Infrastructure or Development sector to join our team as a Consultant in one of our key offices in Nottingham, London, Birmingham or Manchester Office.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the project life cycle, company standards and other specific legislation.
- Providing a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
- Assisting in the management of project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details. Supporting our Project Managers in the preparation of Early Warnings (EW), Compensation Events (CE) and Project Manager’s Communications (PMI).
- Scheduling and conducting project meetings, including taking project records and distributing them to project stakeholders. Including site attendance during critical stages of works.
- Assisting the Company in discharging its duties under CDM Regulations 2015 (Construction, Design and Management Regulations).
What you’ll bring
- Experience and knowledge from within the Infrastructure or Development sector and working with stakeholders including Local Authorities, Highways England, Network Rail, HS2, National Grid, Environment Agency, Developers and Tier 1 Contractors.
- Experience of working with the APM project life-cycle is preferred. Ideally demonstrated by professional qualification (APM-PFQ or above).
- Experience of assisting in the management and administration of contracts including the use of NEC3 / NEC4 (ECC and PSC) and sub-contractor/consultant management is desirable.
- Experienced in using MS Project for project scheduling is desirable.
- Ideally educated to degree standard in the related subject and hold professional membership of a relevant professional institute or working towards one.
- Professional experiences gained from within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent written and oral communicator, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- A ‘self-starter’ with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to draft Reports for Clients and communicate technical issues clearly to non-technical clients.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and cohesively as part of an experienced team within BWB and collaboratively with other Stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multidisciplinary project teams.
- Fully conversant with the MS 365 suite of applications and highly proficient in the use of MS Excel.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary.
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more.
- Life Assurance 4 x salary.
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health.
- Healthcare cash plan.
Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture.
- Hybrid working.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Regular social events.
- Long service reward scheme.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.