Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
The team delivers a wide variety of consultancy services to a large client base, both local and national. The Transport & Infrastructure Design Service are responsible for providing a number of engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of our client’s project, from inception through to commissioning.
- Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of levels, drainage and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
- The role of a Senior Engineer is to supervise and manage the delivery of a number of projects. On occasions a Senior Engineer is required to lead small teams with delegated authority and support identified by the Team Leader or Principal Engineer.
- A Senior Engineer is expected to maintain good relationships with existing Clients and actively promoting the capability of the Company to potential new Clients.
- The role is required to work independently as necessary. It is expected that a Senior Engineer will take a leading role in their own development and learning as well as actively supporting the development of Graduates and Engineers in the team.
- A Senior Engineer is to lead by example, by demonstrating diligence and professionalism in day-to-day activities and by taking responsibility for contributing to the growth of the team’s knowledge base.
What you’ll bring
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage. Experienced with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
- You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry – our clients include developers, local authorities and contractors, all of whom have different expectations and requirements from you and the projects you will work on.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to Graduates and Engineers.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
What we offer:
Values Driven Culture: We’re really proud of our culture. Check out our guide to Working for BWB
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Excellent base salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more pension
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Paid Sick Leave
Driving your own experience
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.