What we are looking for
An ambitious individual who can manage and drive their own team of Sales Executives to achieve Key Performance Indicators and Sales Targets.
You must be able to work in a busy and sometimes pressurised environment, in a compliant and results orientated manner.
What you will be doing
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of Sales Executives
- Carrying out regular Performance Reviews for your team
- Supporting the Sales Manager(s) as required
- Interacting with Contact Centre staff with regards to incoming Sales leads, and distributing them accordingly to your team
- Taking responsibility for the taking of all deposits and monies, ensuring accurate completion of the appropriate records and procedures
- Taking responsibility for the accurate completion of Sales documents including internal DMS, and various proposal platforms and other internal documents
- Ensuring compliance with internal directives relating to Product sales and Finance placement
- Implementing the achievement of balanced sale whilst ensuring FSA compliance and that customers are treated fairly at all times
- Managing Handover diaries
- Ensuring the completion, compliance and control of all Finance related documentation
- Promoting our Customer Review process
What we need from you
- A good standard of education: preferably Level 3 qualifications or equivalent, or above (e.g. A Levels, AVCE)
- A full, current and valid UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
- Demonstrative experience within the Automotive industry at Business Manager level
- Knowledge and understanding of F&I
- Knowledge and understanding of Car Sales practices and FSA guidelines
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring Sales Executives
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service alongside working in a target driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willing to adopt a hands-on approach and assist others when required
- Good IT skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge and awareness of the importance of confidentiality and data protection
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Competitive Annual Leave entitlement (23 + Bank Holidays), increasing with service
- Contribution based Pension Scheme
- Service linked Company Sick Pay
- Paid Compassionate Leave
- Health & Wellbeing support through 'Ben'
- 'High street' Shopping Discount scheme
- In-house discounts on car purchases, servicing & MOT
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme with Specsavers
- 'Refer a Friend/Family' scheme
- Development & progression opportunities
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. If you are interested in applying please apply as soon as possible. Due to the numbers of applications we receive we do not respond to applications unless they are successful.
Upon receipt of your application, Carbase will be the Data Controller of your personal data. Carbase will hold all the information you have given on this application form for legal requirements and for the purposes of personnel administration and statistical analysis. Your information will be held on our careers site and will be entered in its current or altered format onto the company’s computerised databases should your application be successful. No information may be passed onto a third party unless contracted to Carbase for specific employment services, without your express agreement unless required by law. If you are not successful in your application you have the right to request erasure of all data.
Carbase is committed to the elimination of all forms of unjustifiable discrimination. We will actively pursue equality of opportunity for all by seeking to ensure that all prospective and existing employees are treated fairly.