National Leasing & Admin Manager (CharleneJHIRLiberty)
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Sandton -- Sandton City
31 January 2019
28 Feb 2019 23:59
Main purpose / objective of the position:
1. To ensure that optimal leasing processes, audits, and administration are implemented and managed to ensure optimal performance of centres for the portfolio under management;
2. Proactive management of lease expiry profiles of portfolios under management;
3. Ensure lease, legal- and related system administration is in order and data integrity of leasing information is correct.
Key Focus Areas:
Formulation of leasing, legal and admin process flow
Preparation of leasing, legal and administration process flow to ensure effective, accurate and timeous leasing process for each property under management
Training and monitoring each property under management on correcting leasing / legal / system admin procedure
Proactive management of lease expiry profile for the portfolio
Conduct research on rental trends
Ensure proactive marketing of vacant space and liaison with external brokers where applicable Source new concepts for the retail portfolio
Coordinating synergy within the retail leasing team to ensure benefit of collective negotiations with same tenant for different centres
Oversee lease admin of portfolio
General lease administration including assisting centre teams with obtaining signed leases
Assisting in the negotiation of Hybrid Leases
Ensure all renewal and new leases are timeously negotiated and professionally compiled within mandate
- Manage and administer parking leases (monthly and lease based) Is this not an Interpark function?
- Management of leasing consultants and external brokers where applicable
Tenant liaisons with key tenants and broker community
- Maintain positive relationships with all tenants and brokers
- Compile and distribute vacancy schedule to all brokers
- Maintain and grow broker relationships / Database
Ability to understand contracts
Sound knowledge of the legal context within which commercial and retail leases are negotiated
Excellent negotiation, analytical skills
Excellent business administration skills
Speaking /Verbal Expression
Good communication and interpersonal skills
During meetings expresses his/her ideas and opinions so that others understand his/her point.
Clearly communicates with employees so they know what is expected of them.
Is able to say "just the right thing" to a variety of people so that they understand what is being said.
When speaking acknowledges diverse points of view/concern by explaining the rationale for exclusion.
Presented credible, believable evidence that convinces the customer
Uses different influence strategies with different people in order to get a job done.
Acknowledges and respects people for their contribution no matter what their level or position.
Persuades others that their needs can be met through the options that are being offered
Convinces others to adjust their views in order for all parties to derive a win-win situation.
Is seen to have credibility in the eyes of others/executive and general management
Ability to elicit active participation.
- During tense and emotional charged situations, displays an inner calmness that helps restore balance to the situation.
- During times of confusion behaves with a sense of personal authority and responsibility that creates order, calmness and clarity.
- Explains ideas in a confident manner.
- Maintains positional viewpoint without being dogmatic.
- Judges situations correctly despite absence of correctly despite absence of some relevant facts.
- Obtains consensus where applicable on proposed solution.
- Analyses gathered facts before making decisions.
- Evaluates the pro's and con's of possible courses of action before a decision
- Demonstrates effective problem solving
- Sets clear standard and procedures.
- Provides the required resources, including authority, when handing over work to be done.
- Uses delegation in order to provide challenging developmental opportunities for reporting staff.
- Provides the appropriate level of support once work has been delegated
© COPYRIGHT CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD EXCELLERATE 2018