Support Worker (SWCaterham)
-- United Kingdom
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Are you a caring person? Why not choose a career where you can make a difference to the lives of others? We welcome everyone into the industry even with little or no experience, full training and induction will be provided by Heathcotes Group.
The Role of a Support Worker:
- Encourage individuals to live a life that makes sense to them.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement where and when it is needed.
- Always using a person-centered approach.
- Monitoring & reporting changes in health, behaviour and needs to relevant professionals.
- Ensuring the home is organised according to the needs of the service users and that safety measures are in place, you may also be expected to assist with housework, shopping, laundry.
- Transporting individuals or escorting to medical or other appointments and social activities.
- Supporting those who need it with budgeting and money management.
- A compassionate and friendly can-do attitude.
- A willingness to work some Nights, evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
- Drivers preferred but not essential.
- Shift Pattern: As a Support Worker your shifts are usually 12-14 hours working (4 on, 3 off) planned in advance on a rolling rota and will include work every other weekend.
What we offer in return:
- Pay rate is between £8.00 - £9.60 per hour depending on qualifications/experience.
- Paid holidays & Paid enhanced DBS check.
- Pension scheme.
- 12-week induction programme working towards achieving the Care Certificate & ongoing training support.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme of £50 (ts&cs apply).
Apply below and one of our staff will be in touch as soon as possible.