Please be aware that we will use the information you give us in this section to help us decide whether to invite or reject you for interview.
Housing Officer (3004)
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Housing Officer to join our team based in Rochdale on a part time, permanent basis working 20 hours per week (some hours will be unsociable). We are offering our Housing Officer asalary of £10,424 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Langley House Trust is an innovative Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. We love our work and have recently been announced the winner of the Charity Times 2018 Charity of the Year Award.
As a Housing Officer, you are responsible for ensuring compliance with the Trust policies, processes, procedures and stakeholder contracts, by liaising with staff, external agencies and partners; ensuring that all properties within the allocated portfolio are safe, habitable, fit for purpose and fully equipped in accordance with the Trust policies and the terms of the tenancy agreement with the relevant landlords.
Responsibilities as our Housing Officer will include:
- Assist in the management of the referral process within the project
- Lead in the assessment and management of risk
- Provide information and advice about Welfare Benefits especially that of Housing Benefit
- Where tenants have a physical disability, assist in assessment of needs and the provision of equipment/facilities as required
- Provide relevant information to tenants and get feedback from them on occupancy related matters
- Provide information about tenants’ rights and responsibilities, address breaches of occupancy with tenants
- Take action to address incidents of rent arrears.
- Be available for tenants wishing to move into alternative independent accommodation
- Develop and maintaining accurate records
- Support statutory agencies in the monitoring of risk and other support/care or training factors
- Ensure that the team is fully briefed on the tenants and referrals according to the method of communication advised by their line manager
Tekoa House project housing service involves the Langley House Trust acting as a head tenant/managing agent for private landlords in order to release housing stock to intensively managed tenants of whom many will be ex-offenders or at risk of offending. Our Rochdale project has a welcoming small friendly team who enjoy supporting our clients with their next steps.
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Housing Officer please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 28th June 2019
Planned interview date: 3rd, 4th and 12th July 2019
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check is required for this post and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK and references.