Warehouse Operative - Days & Nights Available (M-F & 4 on 4 off)
Who are we?
At Menzies Distribution we’ve been delivering across the UK since 1833 – to and from every high street, as well as reaching the areas others can’t. Today, we’re Logistics UK’s most innovative business of the year. With a strong focus on the future, sustainability and innovation – we keep moving forwards.
About the role: Are you an experienced Warehouse Operative looking for your next opportunity? Based on a 40 or 42 hour week, working Monday – Friday/ 4 on 4 off you’ll be supporting the team completing various warehouse tasks, as safely, accurately and as efficiently as possible upholding and the highest standards of health and safety at all times. You’ll also provide accurate and prompt picking, packing and dispatch of the depot warehouse goods
In addition to a standard salary of £19,990-£21,999 this role has a holiday allowance of 28 days excluding bank holidays.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
What your day will look like:
- Co-operate fully with the sites safety requirements.
- Receive deliveries of customer stock from trailers into warehouse. Check quantities, record receipt and pass on paperwork
- Pick and pack customer orders to achieve agreed turn-round targets, dispatching orders with appropriate paperwork. Both full pallet and manual case/break picked from the racking and ground locations.
- Load trailers with customer goods in timely manner
- Put away of customer goods from the warehouse floor into the racking.
- Manual handling of products
- Signing for and accepting responsibility for tasks that have been completed.
- Housekeeping, both physical completion and hygiene checks.
- Stock integrity and quality checks.
- Keep warehouse and outside forecourts clean and tidy including shelf dusting, keeping gangways clear and litter removal
- Healthshield: free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans
What we need from you:
- ‘Right To Work’ in the UK
- Previous experience working in a warehouse
- Good communication & team working skills
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- A professional manner
- Experience operating within a warehouse environment
- MHE – Articulated/Counterbalance/PPT licenses desirable
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Good organisational and time management skills
Ready to set the wheels in motion?
What are you waiting for, apply now! For any further information on roles please feel free to get in touch. We look forward to hearing for you.