Cyber security Engineer - Contract (PDG20004499)
ZAR600 - ZAR650/hour
- South Africa -- Johannesburg Metro -- Sandton
19 July 2022
19 Aug 2022 23:59
Our Client a Global tech firm is seeking a Cyber security Engineer to join their team in Sandton. They offer stability, growth, attractive rates and an excellent working environment.
You will be required to use your current Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Applications knowledge to ensure that the deployment aligns to our standards and design canvas. You will be required to guide the design and technical delivery teams on the best way in which to implement their requirements to meet their needs and the needs of the Cyber Security function. You will need to stay abreast of the products capability and conduct self-study or attend courses to become experts on the current and future products capability.
- Determine who requires access to which information
- Plan, coordinate and implement information security programs
- Help protect against Web threats that facilitate cyber-crime like malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, and hacking
- Ensure you know and follow the incident and change processes
- Perform Problem management analyses and duties, during the week and on weekends
- Perform built as designed reviews
- Prepare project documentation (guides, configuration documents, etc.)
- CMDB management
- Tracking of IT software as relating to Cyber
- Tracking of IT hardware as relating to Cyber
- Understanding of AWS security
- A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong relationships with staff and other relevant individuals
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Building machine learning models for various use cases across the organization to predict and automate human behaviour.
- Live your passion for data. Pull your own data, structuring it, cleaning it, understanding the human and financial behaviours it represents.
- Use research and insight to drive cultural change within the organisation and ensure stakeholders put consumers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of automation solutions that meet business objectives
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive continuous improvement in processes and services
- Interpret and analyse data from multiple sources, providing key analytics.
- Pro-actively provide actionable recommendations based on analysis results across various stakeholders and teams.
- Thinks strategically and communicates creatively to inform and drive the decision making of stakeholders
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure, AWS security practices (AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS) security)
- Cyber Security qualification
For further details please download the job description below: