Fine Art Technician/Driver - VR/19551
The Company and Role:
Our client a specialist art transportation company are looking for an experienced Art Handler/Driver to join their team. The main purpose of this role is to support the Operations Supervisor in all technical requirements on a daily basis to provide high quality and timely services to ensure client satisfaction; quality care in the packing, handling and transportation of artwork; and technical supervision.
- Working as a member of the technical team for fine art projects in London and the UK, working on major fine art installations, handling and packing projects including exhibitions, auctions, art fairs and single shipments
- Working to ensure all technical requirements are met within a reasonable time frame
- Responsible for assisting with the packing, wrapping, unpacking and installation of the highest quality of fine art
- Drive and maintain the company vehicle
- Warehouse & Inventory management on a daily basis
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Must be an experienced Fine Art Handler with detailed understanding of the Fine Art industry - both technical and operational
- Previous proven experience in the transportation of fine art
- Must be used to securing and handling fragile items for safe transport.
- Some experience in hanging artworks/installation processes
- Ability to build and maintain good vendor and customer relations
- Good communication skills
- Must be used to physical and demanding work
- Good knowledge of the roads and an ability to route plan
- A smart appearance and a friendly personality, flexible approach to working the hours as required in order to complete jobs.
Our client are offering a basic salary of up to £27,000 plus overtime.
Current working pattern is 8am to 4.30pm; contracted hours are 40 per week but overtime will be required during busy periods.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Removals team at email@example.com