Removals Operations Manager (VR/19575)
£30,000 - £35,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- London
01 November 2018
Removals Operations Manager - VR/19575
The Company & Role:
Our client a removals company based in London is currently looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations manager is a key role within the business as they are primarily responsible for the running of the entire fleet and diary. This role is crucial to the planning and day to day running of the business.
- Overseeing vehicles and crew.
- Ensuring that each job confirmed by the estimator or the office is accurately entered on our removals software as per their quote.
- Allocating the correct amount of resources for each job and remaining within estimated costs.
- Ensure that the diary is always accurate and that the correct vehicles and men are allocated at any given time.
- Communicating with the estimator on all aspects of the removal and advising them of the actuals of the job.
- Checking over the removals job sheets for the next day and make sure that each job is provisioned correctly.
- Inputting the actuals of each removal to ensure our operating costs remain effective.
- Regularly analyze supplier costs to ensure we are getting the best price on maintenance and materials.
- All aspects of fleet maintenance including but not limited to, servicing of vans, taxing of vans, tyre checks, tail lift services, MOTs.
- Recruitment of Removal Crew
- Staff training and development.
- This Operations Assistant position will be predominantly office based but on the odd occasion will be required out on the road assisting with removals and deliveries.
- Work well under pressure
- Strong background in the moving sector
- Have excellent problem solving abilities
- A good team player who is willing to listen and also learn from others
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, verbal and written
- There would be a great deal of liaising with the crew on the job. Therefore maintaining internal relationships is of the utmost importance
- Fluency in French would be beneficial
You will receive a salary of £30-35K plus benefits.
If you're interested, click apply to send an up to date CV, or email the Removals Team on firstname.lastname@example.org