Senior Removals Operations Manager - London - 45-50K - VR/18569
Our client, a specialist removals & storage company, are looking for an experienced Senior Removals Operations Manager to oversee the company, reporting directly to the company directors.
Direct reports from: Operations/Fleet Manager, Warehouse Manager, Move Managers, Surveyors, Sales Coordinator, HR/Office Manager.
- Sales and Operations personnel management
- Ensure professional delivery of excellent customer service for all removal and storage services
- Overseas operational and sales activities and insurance claims
- Implement best practice
- Ensure compliance with company procedure and relevant legislation
- Monthly performance reporting to Directors
Key elements of the role:
Surveyors, Move Managers, Sales Co-ordinators
- Leads are being qualified and inputted correctly
- Target number of site surveys
- Accurate and timely quotations
- Convert quotes at target margin
- Maintain a target storage revenue
Move Managers, Operations/Fleet Manager, Warehouse Manager
- Productive use of labour and resources
- Safe operating practice
- Profitable logistics process
- Professional and courteous customer experience
- Customer satisfaction
- Claim resolution
- Balance workload and resource to match seasonal demand
Quality & H&S:
Quality and best practice (responsible for company compliance - H&S, quality standards and BAR requirements), keeping good H&S records, updating quality manual and procedures and other controlled documents, overseeing H&S requirements where necessary and co-operating with the annual BAR/ Quality Standards inspection, implementing new quality standards.
HR and training (process and efficiencies):
- Recruitment of Removals Team is managed appropriately, ensuring that the Operations Manager and HR/Office Manager are recruiting in a timely manner for removals staff, to cope with seasonal variations.
- Identifying and arranging training where required (across all Sales and Operations staff and in conjunction with other departments).
- Working with the HR/Office Manager to ensure removals contracts/offer letters are administered and up to date.
- All training manuals kept up to date.
- Customer service (process and efficiencies reports).
- You will be required to oversee the efficiency of the customer care process and present quarterly reports, propose corrective and preventive actions and ensure their implementation.
- A full monthly report updating management on all claims and other issues.
- Suppliers / subcontractors.
- Control of all stock (materials and storage containers).
- Management of Suppliers/subcontractors: Responsible for ensuring most advantageous price without compromising on service. Includes overall relationship management and establishing SLAs.
- People management.
- Conduct reviews in accordance with company policy. Liaising with HR Manager on the preparation of offer letters and recruitment requirements.
- MUST have previous experience within the Removals & Storage industry
- Customer focussed
- Process driven team leader/player
- Operational discipline
- Manages change
- Fostering Teamwork
- Forward thinking
- Thoroughness - attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Results focussed
- Analytical - data driven
- Effective problem solving
If you wish to apply, please email the Removals team of Red Recruit, on email@example.com quoting reference VR/18569
Due to the large amount of applicants we receive we are not able to respond to everyone. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Red Recruit, a specialist recruitment consultancy that focus on the Removals industry both nationally and internationally. Red Recruit offer services to the Office and Commercial Moving sector, Domestic Movers as well as Corporate and International Moving companies. We recruit Removals Sales Estimators, Removals Branch Managers, Removals Operations Managers, Move Coordinators, Office and Commercial Move Managers, Global Moves Specialists as well as many, many more.