Fine Art Shipping and Customs Coordinator - London - Up to £30K - VR/18893
Our client, a fine art and exhibitions specialist Transport Company, are looking for a Shipping and Customs Coordinator to join their busy team.
The Shipping and Customs Coordinator ensures the organisation and coordination of import and export shipments on behalf of the Exhibitions and Gallery Services project coordinators, providing liaison between the company, the air/sea carriers and HMRC/UKBF; including making freight bookings and preparing freight documentation and Customs declarations.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of required freight and shipping documentation
- Submission of export/import/transit/diversion Customs entries
- Maintaining records required for the operation of Customs authorisations
- Dealing with queries raised by coordinators, clients and Customs
- Advising project coordinators of freight options and rates and Customs matters
- Making and taking of supplier calls and negotiation of current market rates
- Requesting internal resources needed to carry out each job in timely fashion
- Applicants MUST have at least 2 years experience in a similar role within the shipping/specialist removals industry
- Detailed knowledge of Customs procedures and documentation
- Administrative excellence with a high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain clear and concise records, filing and effective monitoring systems
- Experience of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
- Well-developed numerical and analytical skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer service skills both internally and externally
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work: willingness to work as a team member in a project-based environment - prepared to work to tight deadlines
In return, the Fine Art Shipping and Customs Coordinator will receive a salary of around £30,000 depending on skills and experience.
If you wish to apply, or for more information, please email your CV to the Removals team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference VR/18893
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Removals, Relocations, Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Finance industries. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
Red Recruit offers services to the Office and Commercial Moving sector, Domestic Movers as well as Corporate and International Removal companies. We recruit Removals Sales Estimators, Removals Branch Managers, Removals Operations Managers, Move Coordinators, Office and Commercial Move Managers, Global Moves Specialists as well as many more. The types of vacancies within the removal industry that we specialise in include the following: moving company, moving and storage, commercial moving, international moving, office removal, commercial removal, international removal, removal company, moving services, office movers, business removal, fine art removals, fine art moving, export packing, fine art shipping and move management.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.