HGV Driver / Fine Art Handler - London - Middlesex (VR/18968)
£26,000 - £32,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Middlesex
14 June 2018
HGV Driver/Fine Art Handler - Middlesex - London - VR/18968 - £26-32K + Overtime
Our client, a specialist Fine Art & Antiques shipping company based in the London area, are seeking to appoint an experienced HGV Driver / Fine Art Handler.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling and packing of various types of fine art and securing in truck for safe transport Installation/De-Installation of various fine art and furniture
- Picking up and delivering a variety of artworks including paintings, sculptures and high value furniture of all descriptions
- Driving a truck, locally, domestically and throughout Europe
- Inspecting artworks to determine how, where, when, or if to touch them and how to pack for transport
- Understand how to properly wrap, load, span, tie in artworks within a truck to keep them safe and stable during transport
- Installing artworks professionally in settings ranging from corporate to residential properties
- Preparing condition reports and photographs artworks as needed
- Interacting with art professionals and collectors
- Efficiently handling paperwork including bills of lading, labeling, timesheets and detailed condition reports with photos
- Communicating with operations team throughout the day
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 years + experience of handling, packing, transporting and installing high end furniture, art and antiques
- Ability to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable furniture, works of art and antiques
- Be physically fit and have the ability to work comfortably on ladders, scaffolding or mechanized lifts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Familiar with basic art terminology
- Class 2 HGV licence
- Up to date CPC qualification
- Clean driving record
- Digital tachograph card
- Valid passport
If you wish to apply for this Driver/Fine Art Handler position, or for more information regarding any of our positions available, please email your CV to the Removals team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference VR/18968.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Removals, Relocations, Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Finance industries. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
Red Recruit offers services to the Office and Commercial Moving sector, Domestic Movers as well as Corporate and International Removal companies. We recruit Removals Sales Estimators, Removals Branch Managers, Removals Operations Managers, Move Coordinators, Office and Commercial Move Managers, Global Moves Specialists as well as many more. The types of vacancies within the removal industry that we specialise in include the following: moving company, moving and storage, commercial moving, international moving, office removal, commercial removal, international removal, removal company, moving services, office movers, business removal, fine art removals, fine art moving, export packing, fine art shipping and move management.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.