VR/18479 - EU Road Freight Operator - Imports, Basildon, Essex
Main purpose of the Road Freight Operator is to deal with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road.
Job Duties & Responsibilities of a Land Freight Operator:
- Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Liaise with overseas offices, partners & agents
- Check shipping invoices for accuracy
- Communicate with customers
- Raise jobs
- Raise delivery orders
- Responsible for raising invoices, costing jobs
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or similar role preferable
- High organizational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize own workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and C R M systems.
- An administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Work as part of a team
Salary circ 25k depending on experience
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18479
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.