Multi-Modal Freight Business Development Manager - Essex - circ £40k - VR/18936
Our client, a leader in supply chain management and logistics solutions, are looking for an experienced Multi-Modal Business Development Manager to join their team.
Main purpose of the position:
Source, develop and secure new Fairs, Exhibitions and Event Business from potential customers.
Main duties include:
- Deliver 3 x salary of gross profit in new business. Plus grow assigned existing customers.
- Close an average minimum of 2 new customers each month.
- Make a minimum of 40 sales calls per month (10 per week). Adjusted for holidays and other events.
- Identify new potential A customers. Work closely with Tender management and Product management teams to submit competitive, tailored proposals.
- Diligently follow-up on all incoming sales leads and provide the originator detailed feedback within 30 days or a holding message within 5 working days on the status of the lead.
Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years proven sales track record of gaining new major business and successfully working to and exceeding Sales Targets.
- Excellent relationship building skills, identifying new business opportunities and ability to close successfully.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time efficiently is essential.
- Minimum 5 years industry knowledge and multi-modal experience.
Salary: circ £40k, plus commission & car scheme.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18936
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.